On your marks, get set GO! What's better than a craft to keep your kids hands busy? How about one that can provide hours of play? These two competitive turkeys are a lot of fun to make as well as race. Now, I know what your thinking. Turkey's don't run let alone race! Well, let me put your mind at ease...feast your eyes on the turkey truth about racing: Turkeys Do Run And Race!
Don't you feel so much better about making these competitive Racing Turkeys? I knew you would. ;)
TO PLAY RACING TURKEYS
You will need 1 dice and 1 ruler. Roll the dice and that's how many spaces your turkey moves. up the ruler. Whoever reaches 12 inches first wins!
Let's Make These Speedy Gobblers!
- 2 Clothespins
- Assorted colors of Feathers
- 4 Google Eyes
- Brown Construction Paper
- Orange Construction Paper
- Red Piping
- Glue Gun & Sticks
1. Cut out the beaks from the orange construction paper. You can make a diamond shape and fold it in half to give it more of a 3D feel, or just a triangle.
2. Glue gun the feathers onto the end of the clothespin you press down on to open.
3. Paste the beaks on top of the side of the clothespin that opens up.
4. Glue gun the google eyes just above the beak.
5. Cut the red piping for the waddle and bend into the shape you'd like. Then use the glue gun to attach to the beak in between the eyes.
6. Cut the body out of the brown construction paper. Round one end and use the scissors to create several cuts into the rounded end. I used the glue gun to glue the body on.
Don't want to shop for the supplies or prepare all the pieces, then order my craft kit in my Teachers pay Teachers store: Uppity Owl
Go Turkeys Go!