Friday, November 6, 2015

Baby Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving Craft

While my life is currently reflecting changes in tradition, I find that there will always be one tradition that never changes. Crafting. It's more than just paper and glue, more than glitter and yarn...its memories. I've had the privilege of having a very creative and crafty mother who gave us the love of creation. For as long as I can remember, we've always crafted and for as long as I can remember, she always created. At this moment, I'm recalling a crafting room...so many supplies to preoccupy the mind and feed creative intentions. I will forever be thankful for my mother loving us enough to create with us while encouraging our imaginations.


BABY GOBBLE GOBBLE
 
SUPPLIES
*White Paper Plate
*Brown Construction Paper
*Orange Construction Paper
*Red Construction Paper
*2 Large Google Eyes
*Tissue Paper Squares: red, blue, green, yellow
*Paste
*Scissors
Hint: I like to buy my tissue paper at the dollar store and cut them up myself...cheap!
 
DIRECTION
A. Cut paper plate in half.
B. Cut out body, beak, feet and waddle.
C. Assemble the body, bead, google eyes, feet and waddle where you'd like them to go, then paste them together.
D. Paste the tissue on the inner part of the body first, then paste the tissue on the outer rim to look like a flared tail.
E. Paste the assembled head to the body.
 
Send me a photo of your finished craft and I'll add it to my post.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoot your thoughts here...