Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Corn Wreath Thanksgiving Craft

It's that time of year, the weather is starting to chill and I'm once again reminded of why I savor the summer so much. Don't get me wrong, the winter is beautiful and the snow is to melt for...but, I love the sunshine and warm weather so dearly! Although, on the plus side, I've been able to drink some of my favorite pours as the season chill sets in. Coffee with a hint of hazel nut, hot tea...I almost had a hot chocolate tonight. Instead, I opted for a hot orange black tea, slightly sweetened. :)

If you find yourself inside avoiding the winter chills, and your little ones are bored, what could be better than crafting together? This fun and easy "Corn "Wreath" is so fun and would look great on your front door.

CORN WREATH

SUPPLIES
*Scissors
*Paper Plate
*Green Construction Paper
*White Construction Paper
*Yellow Tissue Paper

DIRECTIONS
A. Cut the middle out of your white paper plate. You should have a ring when finished.
B. Cut out the corn cobbs, then the corn husks.
C. Paste the yellow tissue onto the white corn cobbs.
D. Paste the green corn husks on the yellow tissued corn cobbs.
E. Before you add the finished corn to the ring, arrange them to get an idea of where they are going to go.
F. Add plenty of paste to the rim of the white ring.
G. Add the finished corn to the ring quickly, if you need to reposition, the paste will still be wet enough to just remove it from the ring. Don't press the corn down firmly until all of the corn has been placed exactly where you want it.

Hint: I use the middle ring/hole as a guide for placing my corn around the rim evenly.

Send me a photo of your finished craft and I'll add it to this post.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoot your thoughts here...