Friday, November 13, 2015

Turkey Puppet by Uppity Owl

"Turkey Puppet"
by Uppity Owl
 

Recently, the 6 year old and I took a day to craft and play. This turkey puppet was the result of my craftiness and my sons was this...

 
He said he wanted to make an owl mask, so this was my quick design to do so. But, I'm sure you can see it looks more like a super hero, and after he decorated his mask...it really looked like a super hero. lol Who cares, we both we're having so much fun!
 
So while my son created his super hero mask, I mean owl mask...I planned what I wanted my puppet turkey to look like. Lucky me though, I did have inspiration. Recently, I was able to craft a turkey costume for my husband. It was a church thing. It was so funny and awesome! It would take another blog post just to talk about the entire night. So, back to the costume...let's just say I had a lot of left over feathers. lol
 
"Gobble Gobble!"

"Waddle Waddle!"
 
 I'm sorry, but my husband is so much fun! Love him! :)

So, now that you know where my inspiration came from, here's how to make your own...



SUPPLIES
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Paste
  • Brown Paper Lunch Bag
  • Black Construction Paper
  • White Construction Paper
  • Orange Construction Paper
  • One Quarter
  • One Penny
  • Assorted Feathers: I used red, yellow, orange, brown and light brown. (It's what came in the package.) You will need a red feather for the waddle.
DIRECTIONS
  • Cut 2" - 3" off of the bottom of the bag.
  • Use quarters to trace circles for the eyes.
  • Use pennies to trace the black pupils.
  • Cut two beaks...one to go under the flap and one to go directly on top of it.
  • Paste all of the above onto the bag before adding the feathers.
  • Arrange the feathers in the order you'd like them to appear on the bag. Make sure they bend forwards.
  • Hot glue the feathers onto the back of the bag.
  • Finally, hot glue the red feather waddle onto the beak. If your feather waddle is covering up the entire beak...slightly wet your finger with some water to tame it to the side.

When your children can use their imaginations and lose themselves in make believe play, you know you've created something right!

Gobble Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoot your thoughts here...