Monday, March 25, 2013

Upcycle Craft - Reusable Tissue Bag

Today I'll be sharing a green upcycle craft that will help eliminate the use of disposable tissues.  This project is super easy and provides plenty of room to be creative.
I'm working on eliminating the use of disposables in our household.  I've already been successful eliminated  disposable paper towels and napkins by replacing them with cloth towels and napkins. I even have cloth picnic napkins! ;0)  Since my 3 year old's nose is constantly...shall we say, active...I wanted to make an effort to stop buying disposable tissues and replace them with handkerchiefs.  This upcycle craft uses a plastic pinto bean bag I purchased from the grocery store.  This particular bag has a resealable top.
Here it is, enjoy!

Materials
  • 1 used plastic bag with a self sealing top
  • 3 different colors of duct tape
  • matching fabric 3" x 3" square
  • matching thread
  • needle for sewing thread
  • wax paper
  • sissors
  • hot glue gun
Step 1: Take your 3 different colors of duct tape and decorate your plastic bag. I choose to do strips because it was fast and easy.  

 


Step 2: Cut a 3" x 3" square out of matching fabric...larger or smaller depending on the size of plastic bag you're using.




Step 3: Find some matching thread and stitch the edges. Then using a pencil on the back of the square, draw the letter you'd like to stitch then stitch it.









Step 4: Glue the square onto your decorated tissue bag.









Step 5: Add a handkerchief.






Now this craft is ready for the next nasal emergency!  I actually used my reusable tissue bag the other day and was so excited about not using disposable tissues.  I was even more excited about not having to worry about putting a dirty handkerchief in my purse...the "moisture" leaking onto other things in my purse. Plus, the fabric is 100% cotton, soft on the nose and comes in many other colors/designs.
Happy Nose Wiping the Green Way!
Whoo Whoo!
~OvO~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoot your thoughts here...